Arco Academy is a specialist sports school designed to instil positive social, academic and sporting impacts for all our students - as they are at the heart of what we do.
We seek to empower our students and develop well-rounded leaders through our unique and applied programmes.
Our key aims are to:
- Unlock each student’s potential
- Improve their educational performance
- Increase their participation in sports
- Help them develop a range of important life skills
- Reintegrate students back into mainstream education
- Prepare students for life after school
To do this we:
- Nurture students holistically
- Create tailored learning and development programmes for each student
- Offer a range of sporting activities, run by ex-elite athletes and designed to improve a broad range of skills as well as sporting performance
- Inspire our students to learn and deliver high quality academic lessons in small groups
- Provide a variety of skills based workshops, vocational courses and work placement opportunities
Giving students a sporting chance
We help students maximise their sporting potential. Our team of ex-elite athletes inspire and encourage top performance through high quality sessions.
Participating in sports, however, is about far more than sporting achievement. Players learn about integrity, self-belief, teamwork, discipline, resilience and the benefits of hard work (to name but a few) These skills and attributes are transferrable into the classroom and help our students to achieve success in life.
Improving educational outcomes
We create a comfortable and effective learning environment for all.
We aim to help every student maximise their academic performance and achieve their target learning outcomes. Our classes are small, made up of students of the same ability and our qualified staff members design and deliver lessons tailored to the individuals in each group.
Arco Academy is dedicated to creating a safe and welcoming environment for all our students, staff and guests.
Are you looking for placements for your students who:
Want a second chance? Are in Key stage 3 or 4? Require a part time or full time placement? Will benefit from a reintegration strategy? Have a passion for fitness and/or sports?