Developing an Individual Learning Programme
We use the following process to ensure we can help students achieve the best results possible:
- Initial assessment – on referral, each student undergoes an initial assessment over a period of two weeks
- Baseline – the results of the assessment are reviewed alongside the student’s previous school results and a baseline is set.
- Design – a tailored programme of study is designed, with the student’s involvement, to move them forward in their education. The ILP addresses academic, behavioural, personal and social targets.
- Review – the student’s progress is tracked throughout their programme to ensure they are achieving their targets (with assessments every half term for English, Mathematics and Science, and other subjects where appropriate)
We hold a Parents Day once a year in mid-November to review each student’s progress, academic achievement and conduct.
What’s on Offer?
PE is taught daily. We offer basketball, athletics, boxing, fitness and football. The focus of these sessions is health, fitness and teamwork. Swimming is also an option twice a week for students.
We offer the following courses:
English Language, Mathematics, PE, Combined Science and Biology, Drama and Religious Studies
- Functional Skills
English, Mathematics, ICT – Levels 1 and 2
Maths and Science – Entry Level (1-3)
Health and Social Care
- Other qualifications
Arts Award Level 1 and 2 [Bronze and Silver], Sports Leadership Award
- Offsite Vocational Qualifications
Introduction to the Motor Vehicle Industry and Technologies – Entry Level 3 (Award Certificate/Diploma), Carpentry – NCFE Creative Craft Award – Levels 1 and 2
Personal and Social Development, Employability and Citizenship topics are discussed during mentor time, in small groups and during visits to cultural venues.
Life after school
We offer work experience for Year 10 and Year 11 students who have not yet accessed this. Long-term work-related placements are also available for students wishing to pursue their career.
We work with the Lewisham Work Experience Team to offer career advice and assistance with Post-16 destinations.
If you have any questions about our curriculum or want more information:
Call us: 020 3189 1193
Email us: email@example.com.