Minibus driver Job Description
Locations: Arco Academy, Camberwell
Working hours: Flexible hours
Arco Academy is a registered independent alternative provision school with sports as a specialism. Situated
in the heart of Camberwell, London, Arco Academy offers education to students referred by mainstream
schools and the Local Authority. We have an enthesis in pastoral care and take a holistic approach towards
Our aim is to enhance the academic, wellbeing and personal growth for all students of all abilities.
We are committed to high-quality education and promoting our vision to unleash the potential we know
exists in all our students, by providing a creative and tailor-made curriculum.
Every student is provided with the opportunity to learn, achieve and succeed to their highest potential.
Consequently, we work diligently towards meeting the learning needs of our students. This includes
encouraging participation in sports, development of essential life skills and nurturing a positive relationship
within school and the community.
We believe all staff members play a vital role in the lives of our students. Therefore, we take a proactive
approach to the development and wellbeing of all Arco staff. We are committed to investing in all staff
through CPD, internal staff support and wellbeing development.
We pride ourselves on appreciating, promoting and celebrating the diversity and individuality of all students,
staff and partners.
Arco Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and
volunteers to share this commitment. All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS and other necessary
For further information regarding Arco Academy policies, visit https://arco.academy/keyinformation/policies/#1598282602871-bf232412-6cd3 . Please ensure you have read the Safeguarding (Child Protection) Policy and Safer Recruitment Policy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take instruction of driving requirement from Senior Leadership Team.
- Ensure pupils travel safely and securely.
- Deliver pupils to their appropriate destinations at the correct time.
- Driver to make contact with Senior Leadership Team or staff member in charge in the event of problems during runs.
- Driver to complete mileage readings at the beginning and end of each journey.
- Driver should make contact with the Principal at least once per week for possible updates, news which may have relevance to his/her role.
- Time sheets should be filled in and emailed to the Travel Coordinator on the designated day of each calendar month.
- Expense form must be completed and sent to Finance Department on the designated day of each calendar month.
- Drivers may be required to work early morning, evenings, weekends. Full flexibility is an advantage.
- Driver must hold D1 or D1+E Full Driving Licence or MIDAS (within a year).
- Role may lead to future regular hours if required.
- Any other duties that your line manager sees fit, providing that such duties are appropriate to your role
- You may be required to attend necessary child protection training and participate fully in activities that
ensure the Academy stays compliant with statutory child protection and safeguarding guidelines
issued to the Academy by ISI and Ofsted.
- Driver will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks
with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring Service.
Arco Academy is a commitment equal opportunities employer in all the areas of recruitment, training, promotion and grievance procedures, which allows our school to recruit a diverse workforce that reflects the community.