SCHOOL REOPENING AND CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
September 2022 Update
The government has removed remaining domestic restrictions in England. There are still steps you can take to reduce the risk of catching and spreading COVID-19:
- Get Vaccinated
- Let fresh air in if meeting indoors, or meet outside
- Consider wearing a face covering in crowded, enclosed spaces
Although students are no longer being tested, please follow the following protocols:
- Children and young people should not attend if they have a high temperature and are unwell.
- Children and young people who have a positive test result for COVID-19 should not attend the setting for 3 days after the day of the test.
- Children with mild symptoms such as runny nose, and headache who are otherwise well, can continue to attend their setting.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday: 10am to 4pm
If you work in a school, please have your unique reference number (URN or UK PRN) available when calling the helpline.
Helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687 Email: DfE.email@example.com
Individuals are not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, and any of the following apply:
- they are fully vaccinated
- they are below the age of 18 years and 6 months
- they have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
- they are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons.