School Administrator Job Description
Locations: Arco Academy, Camberwell.
Duration: 1 Year Contract
Working hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm, 5days-a-week (Term time only, plus 4weeks).
Salary: £18,579 – £22,492
About Arco Academy:
Arco Academy is a sports-specialist independent school offering alternative education to students referred by their schools and or Local Authorities. Our purpose is to unleash the potential we know exists in all our students and strive to empower them to be the best versions of themselves.
As the School Administrator, you will assist in the management of Arco Academy Administration, support systems and activities that keep an education institution running smoothly.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors to the school, including parents as well as governors and, dealing with their enquiries.
- Handle and manage the school phone and email inbox.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students.
- Establish standardised administrative systems, processes and working practices across the school.
- Organise and facilitate the upkeep of contact records, including student, staff and trustee contact information.
- Filing (OFSTED compliant).
- Assist in the coordination of meetings and the preparation of major school events. This includes student and staff interviews, student inductions meeting student reviews as well as parent evenings.
- Take minutes at meetings when required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Organise and facilitate a variety of educational or social activities.
- Draft letters (including students and other stakeholder letters).
- Assist with organising meeting rooms (booking space, arranging furniture ).
- Use information systems and prepare reports and statistics for both internal and external use.
- Communicate with schools, other institutions, external agencies, government departments and prospective students.
- Responsible for data entry of admissions
- Follow up absence to establish the reason for non-attendance, make assessments and agree on a plan for facilitating a return to school using appropriate strategies within specified timescales.
- Manage the attendance data across the school and work closely with Welfare Officer.
- Evaluate the success of support initiatives with regard to school attendance problems and to produce reports on student attendance on a regular basis.
- Work on initiatives which raise the awareness of school staff, parents and the community on the importance of school attendance.
- Facilitate in the purchase and the maintenance of office equipment, such as printers, computers, scanners and photocopiers.
- You will also have the ability to work in a fast paced environment independently and as part of a team.
- A good standard of education to at least GCSE Grade C level or equivalent in English and Mathematics.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Operate relevant equipment/ICT packages (e.g. word, excel, databases, spreadsheets, Internet).
- Student and stakeholder centred.
- Highly organised.
- The ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional communication with all age groups and abilities, both oral and written.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team and on your own.
- Ability to self-manage, and prioritise workloads effectively using initiative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to foster constructive relationships with, and gain the confidence of, young people, parents/carers and colleagues.
- Ability to be proactive, flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness to undertake additional training.
- Willingness to support with off-site visits as well as staff and student meetings.
- Ability to be flexible, dynamic and adaptable.
- Hold an up to date fully enhanced DBS
Desirable qualities include:
- Educated to a degree level.
- Current First Aid certificate.
- Experience using Bromcom system or similar.
- Knowledge on GDPR compliance.
Documents to download:
To apply, please complete the Arco Employment Application Form and the Equal opportunities monitoring. Send the completed documents along with your CV to email@example.com. The addition of a Cover Letter is optional.